Program and Service Listing
Operations in response to COVID-19 Pandemic
During this critical time of need, Lumacare has put emergency response measures in place to be able to provide essential support to our most vulnerable community members. Please see the list below to understand how we are responding to the needs of our community during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- 24-hour access to information and referral support
- Live-Chat feature installed on www.lumacare.ca website
- Additional support resources available through phone and email
- Creation of a Facebook group to provide online intervention for clients and the greater community
available by searching: COVID-19 North Toronto Seniors
- Direct link on website to self-assessment tool available: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0
FOOD AND ESSENTIAL SERVICES
- Offering two frozen meals per day to vulnerable seniors, while extending the program into the weekend
to ensure a timely response. One meal per day will be subsidized for clients until April 5, 2020.
- Completing client wellness checks every 48-hours or as required through telephone.
- Opening of Lumacare’s Community Response Centre that support the distribution of essential food and
resources to seniors in need, free of charge (centre open 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. daily)
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES CURRENTLY RUNNING
Home at Last service is in operation with extended hours (8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. daily) with pick-ups being completed within one hour of discharge. Wellness checks completed within 24-48 hours.
Transportation Services is being deployed for high-risk medical rides and clients in need of dialysis.
Assisted Living Services and Community clients deemed high-risk will continue to receive essential personal care services in their homes. Personal protective equipment will be worn and mobile laundry services will be offered. Any clients who use communal laundry rooms will be offered a wash/fold service free of charge until April 5, 2020. Enhanced meals on wheels, comfort packages, essential grocery shopping, medication pick-up, and banking services will be offered.
Lumacare has closed all program sites with the exclusion of the Campus of Care (155 Deerhide Cres, North York) during this unprecedented time. Below is a list of our closed programs and services.
- Adult Day Programs
- Healthier Living Centre, Congregate Dining
- Assisted Living Services, Community Services (non-essential services only)
- Transportation Services (non-essential services only)
- In-home services (Personal Care, Home Care, Respite Care)
- Sunset Overnight Respite Care
Operational Changes in response to COVID-19
During this critical time of need, Lumacare is actively responding to support our vulnerable senior population. Lumacare is actively screening all staff members, clients, and visitors through temperature checking and screening questionnaires as they enter the building, and during their time on the campus. This same screening protocol is being used when servicing clients in the community and is available in multiple languages.
A response team has also been formed which is meeting daily to review and plan based on any new information that is being shared regarding COVID-19 through the World Health Organization (WHO), Toronto Public Health (TPH), the Ministry of Health (MOH), and Home and Community Care (HCC). Lumacare has increased cleaning protocol at the Campus including increased disinfection of all spaces, increased our supply of personal protective equipment, and is staying in close communication with all staff to ensure they are made aware of all the risks they face.