Lumacare has been the trustee for the Bathurst Finch Network, funded through the City of Toronto Emerging Neighbourhood Fund for the last two years.
The Bathurst-Finch Network (BFN) is a group of community workers and residents in the Bathurst-Finch neighbourhood. We work together to organize community events, develop neighbourhood-specific programming and advocate for change.
- All network members have an interest in and make a commitment to supporting the community as a whole. We will not work in silos and will take a holistic approach to community development.
- We commit to working together and to resolving conflicts collaboratively. We will assume goodwill among network members with open honest discussions.
- Our work together will be guided by the best interests of the community, not by the needs of individual organizations, funders or levels of government.
- We will continuously gather input from the community and use this input to direct our work.
- We recognize that our work is always in process, and that we will have to continually examine and develop mechanisms to: gather information in dialogue; become and remain accountable to the community; examine our own positions; work together to coordinate services and deliver concrete projects.
- We share an anti-oppression framework and respect diversity.
- We will be inclusive and work toward being representative of the community.
- We will examine problems from a systemic lens. We will look at both services and the context in which they are delivered.
- Identify strengths, needs and service gaps in the BF community and create effective advocacy strategies.
- Work together to provide continuous and consistent support and community-centered programming that addresses these needs and gaps.
- Work together to provide programs that are resident-driven, resident-centred and promote the physical, mental and social well being of the community.
- Identify and advocate for missing infrastructure in the community.
- Maximize and share available resources including funding, space and expertise.
- Increase resident participation and power as a foundation for all above goals.
- Give input into effective service delivery in Bathurst-Finch.
- Contribute to the creation of a community where all residents feel comfortable speaking out, know where to go for accurate and up-to-date information on resources and run self-sustaining programming.
- Contribute to the creation of a community with adequate social infrastructure including community and recreational space.
- Contribute to the creation of community spaces and forums where the community can express itself and define itself for itself.
There are currently no upcoming events.
The Bathurst Finch Network is comprised of a steering committee that takes responsibility for the network as a whole overseeing sub-committees. All sub-committees report to the steering committee, and all sub-committee Chairs are eligible for steering committee membership.
Anyone who joins the steering committee or a sub-committee of the Bathurst-Finch Network (BFN) or regularly attends BFN events and meetings are considered members of the Bathurst Finch Network.
No fees or membersship is required, only adhering to the policies and practices of the Network.
For more information about the Bathurst-Finch Network, contact Ameera Hosein, Bathurst-Finch Network Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org