Home At Last (HAL)
Call us today! 647-404-1411
Home at Last is a service funded by the Local Health Integration Network. It provides a smooth transition from hospital to home. The program also helps patients remain safe and comfortable at home while coordinating community services and supports they will need.
- Makes the transition from hospital to home easy and comfortable
- Provides a trained and caring Personal Support Worker, who will go home with the patient and stay until they are settled (up to three hours)
- Provides reliable and comfortable transportation
- Prepares a small meal or snack on the day the discharged patient returns home
- Helps patients feel safe, secure and cared for in their own home
- Picks up groceries and prescriptions if necessary
- Follow up call the following day
Patients are responsible for the items on the following checklist.
- Being organized, dressed and ready to go home by time of discharge
- Making sure that all your belongings are packed and ready to leave the hospital
- Making sure you have your house keys
- Setting up your future medical appointments
- Having enough money for groceries and for any medications that need to be picked up
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Humber River Regional Hospital
- North York General Hospital
- St. John’s Rehab Hospital
This service is offered free to patients being released from participating hospitals.
If you qualify, the hospital discharge planner or the Community Care Access Center (CCAC) case manager will review eligibility prior to your discharge. The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care covers all costs with funding from the government of Canada. There is no charge to patients for participating in the program. Patients only pay for their own groceries and prescriptions.
Home at Last Brochure
For more information about our Home at Last program please call us directly at 647-404-1411