Toronto Ride and iRidePLUS, with the support of the City of Toronto, are leading the development of a “Roadmap for Community Transportation.” This will be a coordinated city-wide transportation plan for seniors and residents with mobility issues.
To inform this work, it is essential that the voices of our community members are included.
As a valued friend to Lumacare, we are asking for your support in helping us raise awareness about this important issue. You can help spread the word by letting your friends and neighbours know about three upcoming town hall events that are being held across the City of Toronto. Each Town Hall will seek to explore responses to the following questions:
- What are your experiences with community transportation?
- What do you expect from your community transportation providers?
- What are your suggestions to improve community transportation?
Town Hall events will be held at the following dates, times and locations, and all of this information is included in the attached flyer:
- Toronto North: February 16, 4:00-6:00, North York Civic Centre (5100 Yonge Street)
- Toronto South: February 17, 4:00-6:00, Trinity St. Paul’s United Church, Chapel Room (427 Bloor St West)
- Scarborough: February 22, 4:00-6:00, Scarborough Civic Centre (150 Borough Drive)
You should participate if you are:
- A senior with mobility issues residing in the City of Toronto
- A provider or user of community transportation or related services
- Interested in improving community transportation in Toronto
Light refreshments will be available, and all locations are accessible.
Information on how to RSVP is included in the flyer below. If any additional accessibility requirements are identified, please let us know as soon as possible so arrangements may be made.