This year’s volunteer appreciation luncheon, Shining Lights, was held at the Mandarin Restaurant on Friday, April 17, 2015 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. The event was attended by approximately 50 individuals who shared a delicious meal and connected over the work we do in our community.
A number of volunteers were recognized for their outstanding contribution to Lumacare some of which included:
- Rose Gerry who has been volunteering with Branson Place for eight years. She is always ready with a song for our seniors and we are grateful for her help.
- Wendie Gagui, who has been actively involved with our seniors at Valleyview day program; lending her time and talents to various activities which may include decorating for an event, preparing meals for our senior or helping with physical and social games.
- Marissa Colalillo has made a significant impact with our seniors in the BOOST program. Marissa served on the board for four years and has excellent relationship with our clients. She is always willing to tackle any task – big or small and jump in and help without even being asked and this tenacity of spirit not only enriches the clients’ experience but also inspires our staff.
- Marlyn Burns has been with Meals on Wheels for over three years and her care, commitment and dedication to our clients has fostered great relationships with our team. Marlyn is always willing to help on the spur of the moment to serve our clients.
- Janice Grant, just four month with the Meals on Wheels program has made quite an impact on our clients. Her enthusiasm and willingness to go the extra mile and to provide outstanding feedback and suggestions for improving our client services relationships has helped to make our program what it is today.
Lumacare would like to recognize the time, talent, and invaluable contribution all of our volunteers make to help fulfill our mission.
If you want to touch the past, touch a rock.
If you want to touch the present, touch a flower.
If you want to touch the future, touch a life.