Lumacare recognizes that our success would not be possible without the dedicated team of volunteers who share their talent and time in support of our mission.
Our volunteers contribute in a variety of ways, including running and assisting in programs, delivering meals, assisting in fundraising, and special event activities.
Be a Bright Light in the Community.
Volunteer with Us
As a volunteer at Lumacare, you can expect a rewarding and meaningful experience that enables you to:
- Make a meaningful contribution to the diverse community we serve
- Gain meaningful experience working directly with our staff and client compliment
- Ability to build new skills and connect with a unique community
- Leverage the unique skills and gifts you are most interested in contributing.
- Feel valued and appreciated every day
Leveraging the unique skills and gifts you bring and would like to contribute, you will be provided with the necessary tools to be effective.
Our promise, is that each and every volunteer at Lumacare is valued and appreciated every day.
- A Vulnerable Sector Police Check (Call to obtain form)
- Drivers Liscence, Insurance, and Drivers Abstract (Only applicable to Meals on Wheels Drivers)
- 2 references
Key Partner Agencies
Corporate Volunteer Groups
- Bank of Montreal
- Eli Lilly Canada Inc.
- Celestica Inc.
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers Canada Foundation
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- Ace INA Insurance
Lumacare is a great place to volunteer. The staff are very friendly and make everyone feel at home. It is a great privilege to participate in this program, which provides the necessities of life for so many. I have also learned so much about interacting with other volunteers who have different life experiences.
Thank you so very much for giving me one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I’ve been so inspired by many of your clients for the short period of time that I was there. Thank you for humbling me and inspiring me to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the various elders at this organization!
For more information about volunteering at Lumacare, please contact Gabriella Pinchera, Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator at 416.398.0258 x249